Health Alert: warning to avoid exposure to smoke and fumes at today’s fire incident site.

Our thoughts are with everyone affected by today’s fire incident in Male’.

At this point in time Maldivian Medical Association would like to publicly issue an alert to avoid exposure to the smoke and fumes at the affected site. Such fumes are likely to be particularly harmful to people with pre-existing lung conditions (like Asthma, etc), the elderly and the very young.

The public are urged to take heed of the advise of MNDF Fire & Rescue and Maldives Police Service and avoid gathering near the site or areas affected by smoke and fumes.

Those living in the area are alerted to keep doors and windows closed and stay indoor to avoid exposure.

Published by Maldivian Medical Association

The first professional representative body for doctors in Maldives.

%d bloggers like this: